AAI Volunteers make a tangible, positive impact on their communities. From mentorships to fundraising to event planning and beyond, YOU have helped us get to where we are. We were launched from the passion of a single volunteer, and now volunteer service has extended our organization’s purpose into areas that, because of limited resources, could not be considered .
Thanks to our volunteers, we have served hundreds of program participants ages 5 through 18. We are endlessly grateful for all that our volunteers do and look forward to continued growth and continued success in “getting kids (flying) high as we give wings to dreams.”
The Importance Of The AAI Volunteer
- Involving volunteers adds great value to the AAI vision and mission.
- Engaged volunteers create a wider spectrum of skills and knowledge that benefit our program participants.
- Volunteers allow us to reach a more diverse group of individuals.
- Building community relationships through our volunteer program fosters social inclusion.
- Volunteers help raise community awareness about our cause and profile.
- Our volunteer program creates potential routes to future employment and networking opportunities for the community, staff, and participants.
- Volunteers bring new minds, new ideas, and new approaches to improve what we do everyday.
Even More Reasons to Volunteer
Just in case you need more convincing, here are a few other great reasons to volunteer.
- To get out of the house.
- Meet new people
- Pursue a new career path
- Have fun
- Fulfill a community service obligation
- To feel needed
- Do something you love
- To help another person
- Support a cause you believe in
- Share your passion
- Do something outside of your normal work
- Explore a new interest
Volunteer Recognition and Benefits
We believe in recognition. Although we know volunteering eliminates the expectation of paid services, AAI acknowledges its volunteers within the organization. Demonstrating that volunteers are appreciated contributes to a meaningful experience, encourages volunteer retention, and, by word of mouth, sends the message to the community that AAI is the place to volunteer!
Past examples of benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Opportunities to include volunteers in staff development training, where appropriate
- Travel perks, when available
- Tickets to events, when available
- Recognition events
Where Do You Fit In?
Paid staff and volunteers come together at the AeroStar Avion Institute to work toward achieving the mission, goals, and objectives of the organization. Both contribute in significant ways, and volunteers are seen to complement the work done by paid staff. Volunteers do not replace or displace paid positions. We value the experience and insights of both paid and volunteer staff and encourage feedback about our organization, processes, and programs.
Our Commitment to Volunteer Involvement
Volunteers have rights. We recognize that volunteers are a vital human resource and will commit to the appropriate infrastructure to support volunteers.
What we commit to our volunteers:
- AAI’s practices ensure effective volunteer involvement.
- AAI commits to providing a safe and supportive environment for volunteers.
What we expect from our volunteers:
- Volunteers make a commitment and are accountable to the organization and its constituents.
- Volunteers will act with respect towards beneficiaries and the community.
- Volunteers will act responsibly and with integrity.
What Can You Do?
Ready to volunteer and wondering how you can help? Here’s what you need to know.
We ask that each volunteer commits to a minimum of two hours every month. Additional time may be required as work evolves within the assigned committee. We find that with as little as 12 hours per year a volunteer can increase the quality of community deliverables.
Areas to Volunteer
We have five committees that volunteer opportunities fall under. If you are interested in volunteering for future outreaches, please choose an area that you find is most fitting to your skillset.
- Technology/ Media/ Marketing
*Must have background to work directly with program participants under the age of 18.
Selection, Screening, And Onboarding
The Volunteer application and selection process is very detailed. Our screening process helps us select the most suitable candidates for particular roles and engage them in a way that helps ensure success for the volunteers and the organization. Our onboarding process helps us integrate volunteers into the organization. The screening and onboarding of volunteers is important to the safety of our participants and the integrity of our organization.
A list of steps for becoming a volunteer:
- Volunteer Application form
- Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
- Background checks
- Reference Checks if applicable
- Statement of volunteer services
- Background Check
- Staff Partnership
- Volunteer Service
- Completion and evaluation
Click the button
below to apply!
“The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn’t it be? — it is the same the angels breathe. ”
– Mark Twain –
“The air up there in the clouds
is very pure and fine,
bracing and delicious.
And why shouldn’t it be?
It is the same the
– Mark Twain –
Phone: (312) 883-6383
122 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
CONNECT WITH US
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: AeroStar Avion Institute, 122 South Michigan Avenue, Suite 1390, Chicago, IL 60603, http://www.avioninstitute.org. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the "Safe Unsubscribe" link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.